Thursday, September 23, 2010

survival of the tutorials!

So, I've been doing a whole mess o' sewing, and have tons of ideas for tutorials to scramble together to present to you before the month is out.  The question is, which ones would you rather see first?... Hmmmm....  

Here's what I'm thinking:
  • "the romero dress" sew along.  My husband and I are avid horror movie lovers (he more so than I).  Probably my current favorite is Dawn of the Dead written and directed by George A. Romero.  It's funny, gruesome, period-esque yet it's cinematography stands the test of time, and it's made by the guy who has single-handedly epitomized the way we think of zombies.  I named this post after his newest film, Survival of the Dead.  I could go on and on, but let's just suffice it to say that it influenced me enough to plan on making a dress as an homage to him, and actually follow through with it!  Whew!  So, I made what I call "the romero dress" and called it as such as I gathered ideas and plans on how to make a dress that was horrid and adorable, bloody but not messy or uncomfortable to wear. 
          "Blood looks purest when laid against white" -George A. Romero
          
So, this would be a sew along through the process of making a truly scary dress for your little chibi zombie (and let me tell you, you can't find good zombie clothes for girls, lol!  I've tried!  When Puppy was one, we went out for Halloween as a family from the 80's that went to Disneyland and got attacked by zombies.  Puppy was a little zombie Minnie Mouse!)

  • Quick and practical hooded poncho with scarf
  • bringing back the real kimono sleeve
  • three pocket ruffle apron (for mammas!)
  • the petticoat for girls (notice I didn't say pettiskirt!)
  • the patchwork pettiskirt
  • and the Edwardian style Disney character family sew along for Halloween (this'll probably come in October!)
So, if you want, let me know which ones you would love to see first, and the others I'll filter in later!  Happy sewing!!

0 comments: